Thanksgiving is always a big holiday for my family.
For the last long while, we’ve hosted every year. It makes sense when you combine us having a large enough house with my love of cooking. Plus, holidays are always better when you are surrounded by your family and I look forward to it every year.
As part of the FiOS Ambassador Program, they’ve asked me to share a contest they are running and to share who is my personal Thanksgiving Meal Hero.
She may be the easy answer, but honestly my wife is my meal hero when it comes to Thanksgiving for one simple reason. She stays out of the kitchen while I’m cooking and then does all the dishes.
This may seem like a small thing, but I’m not known for keeping the kitchen clean when I cook and with all the family over that leads to plenty of pots, pans and dishes.
While I get to plop down in front of the TV and watch football after our feast, she is always in the kitchen doing the dishes and to me that is being a huge hero!
Laura, I love you and thank you for being my hero every Thanksgiving.
Now, for the business side of this post, a great contest and a way to help give back this Thanksgiving.
Verizon FiOS has partnered with the Food Network to promote the Thanksgiving Meal Hero Campaign in association with Share Our Strength / No Kid Left Behind to donate up to 150,000 meals this Thanksgiving season.
By participating you can win a chance to tour the Food Network Studios in NYC!
The contest will work like this:
- You submit a 75 – 200 word story and photo about who makes your Thanksgiving meal special (their Hero) and how they stay connected with them via TV, Internet and Phone throughout the year.
- Share your story with your social networks and ask them to rate it
- The top 25 rated entries will go before a panel from Verizon and Food Network to determine the ultimate winner
- By rating stories, Verizon and the Food Network will donate up to 150,000 meals to hungry kids in the U.S. through Share Our Strength/No Kid Behind
- By registering to vote you will also be entered into the weekly sweepstakes where a random selection will determine who receives a package of Food Network cookbooks/supplies and a tablet device.
- You can enter daily by coming back to the site and rating at least one story.
In addition to this there will be a Thanksgiving Live airing on Sunday, November 18th at noon eastern on the Food Network.Pin It