Ok guys, time to get in the kitchen again. Don’t freak out, this is so easy that anyone can make it and the end results will be well worth it. I promise.
While I’m all about using fresh ingredients whenever possible, there are times when canned good will do the trick and this super simple chili recipe works great for a weekday dinner or a football game tailgate.
It is NFL Playoff time so you need a recipe that you can put together without any thought and eat when you are ready. So today I give you:
7 Can Chili
- 2 1/2 lbs Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 large can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 2 cans Corn
- 2 packages Chili Seasoning
- Beer, Tequila & BBQ Sauce to taste
- In your largest pot (a dutch oven is perfect) brown the meat until fully cooked. Drain the fat.
- Add the tomatoes and sauce
- Drain the beans and corn and add to the pot
- Add chili seasoning
- Stir and cook over medium low heat until hot
- I like to put a healthy squirt of BBQ Sauce, a pour of beer and a shot of a tequila into the mix as well, but they are all completely optional
The great thing about this recipe is that anyone can make it and it works as a great base of a recipe that can be tweaked and added to as you see fit. I often will make it in the morning and let it sit on low heat until later in the day when we are ready to eat.
Best of all is that the left overs work great on nachos or baked potatoes. Yummy all around!